Utility Construction Labourers
This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s most successful and fastest growing Telecommunications and Utility construction companies! ROHL Enterprises Ltd has been around since 1967 and is dedicated to connecting Canadians in rural, urban, and remote communities. ROHL is proud to have served over 50 First Nations communities and deployed hundreds of kilometers of fiber optic cable during these builds to connect their communities to their hospitals, schools, and each other. Our customers are an integral part of our family and we’re seeking highly motivated, reliable individuals with a strong work ethic to join our family!
Duties and responsibilities include
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the work site.
- Execute traffic control plans by placing, removing, covering and uncovering traffic control signs, cones, barricades and other traffic control devices. Direct traffic when necessary.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
- Using a rake or shovel, spread gravel, dirt, seed and other construction materials over surfaces, leveling, building or decreasing slopes
- Ensure work site is organized and free of clutter, rubble and garbage.
- Other general labour duties as required.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Must hold a valid class 5 driver’s license and have own reliable transportation
- Must have CSA approved steel toe boots (remaining PPE will be provided)
- General labour experience would be asset
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends
- Must be comfortable working around energized utilities
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Ability to work in confined spaces, climb ladders and elevated platforms
- Competitive Wages – commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including dental, vision and extended health for you and your family
- Group RSP Matching Plan
- Training and professional development opportunities
As a valued crew member, you will be responsible for the onsite, day-to-day duties required to support the crew and complete our work in a safe and timely manner.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for a Job
To apply for a position at ROHL, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and why you’re interested in joining our team. We carefully review each application and look for candidates who share our values and commitment to excellence.