Equipment Operator/Heavy Truck Driver
This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s most successful and fastest growing Telecommunications and Utility construction companies! ROHL Enterprises Ltd has been around since 1967 and is dedicated to connecting Canadians in rural, urban, and remote communities. ROHL is proud to have served over 50 First Nations communities and deployed hundreds of kilometers of fiber optic cable during these builds to connect their communities to their hospitals, schools, and each other. Our customers are an integral part of our family and we’re seeking highly motivated, reliable individuals with a strong work ethic to join our family!
Why work for ROHL? As one of Canada’s most successful and fastest growing Telecommunications and Utility construction companies ROHL is dedicated to connecting Canadians in rural, urban, and remote communities. ROHL is proud to have served over 50 First Nations communities and deployed hundreds of kilometers of fiber optic cable during these builds to connect their communities to their hospitals, schools, and each other. Our customers are an integral part of our family and we’re looking for a reliable, skilled heavy equipment operator (specifically rubber tire backhoe) to join our expanding family!
- Deliver equipment to and from various jobsites using a tandem axle picker truck and trailer (Valid Class 1 or Class 3 with Air Brake Endorsement required)
- Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company’s operating safety policies and procedures
- Executes the daily plan and work sequence under the direction of the Supervisor
- Performs high-quality work according to specifications
- Ensures tools & equipment are constantly kept in a safe, operational condition
- Clean and perform basic maintenance to equipment
- Clean up of jobsite including regrading areas, back filling and leveling of surrounding ground
- Check machinery before operating to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Complete all necessary paperwork which may include, but not limited to, daily logs, vehicle and equipment inspections, hours of service logs, and work orders
- Assist crew with related tasks
- 1-3 years’ experience with heavy equipment operations, specifically rubber tire backhoes
- Heavy Equipment Operator certification would be an asset
- Must possess a valid Class 1 or Class 3 driver’s license with air brake endorsement and clean abstract
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Strong logical/critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- High level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in an effective, safety-conscious manner
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work outside in extreme temperatures
- Able to meet the physical conditions of the position, ie sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting up to 100 lbs, working in confined spaces
- May be required to work evenings, weekends and overtime
- Out of town travel may be required
- Competitive Wages – commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including dental, vision and extended health for you and your family
- Group RSP Matching Plan
- Training and professional development opportunities
As a valued crew member, you will be responsible for the onsite, day-to-day duties required to support the crew and complete our work in a safe and timely manner.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Those contacted for an interview will be required to produce a Commercial Driver’s Abstract dated within 30 days of the interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for a Job
To apply for a position at ROHL, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and why you’re interested in joining our team. We carefully review each application and look for candidates who share our values and commitment to excellence.