ROHL Global Networks has one mission – give North American communities the ability to access the future of telecommunications by building robust, world-class networks in urban and remote environments. We accomplish this with the help of our passionate and dedicated people who work tirelessly to achieve this.
We are currently seeking two Senior Construction Managers to oversee the construction of our special projects in Canada. The two Senior Construction Managers will report to the Vice President, Special Operations, with one position based in Alberta and the other based out of Manitoba.
As a Senior Construction Manager, you will be accountable for monitoring aspects of budget, schedule, and quality of ROHL special projects, overseeing their progress in a timely and cost-effective manner. In addition, you will use your expertise in comprehensive cost estimating and project awards to help ROHL enhance its profitability and growth. This is an in-field position requiring the successful candidate to dedicate 80% of the time to being on-site.
- Must be able to work in-field 80% of the time
- Proficiently manage the project lifecycle in line with key project timings, internal processes, and stakeholder standards. Examples of this are: scope, risks, change requests.
- Overseeing all stages of the construction project from planning to completion, ensuring that work is performed correctly, cost effectively and in line with all safety and quality standards.
- Analyze drawing, specifications, and other documentation to prepare comprehensive cost estimates, and assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and approving plans for materials, equipment and labour needed to complete the project.
- Organize, manage, and coordinate work with subcontractors
- Ensuring that all workers have adequate training & experience to reduce the risk of injuries or accidents.
- Collaborate with senior executives and business stakeholders to enable prioritizing of deliverables based on company objectives and adapt/modify as necessary.
- Develop schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities and report on project progress, identifying potential problems, offer viable solutions and opportunities as they arise to prevent issues from escalating
- Coordinates with the client on all changes in scope, questions, or clarifications regarding the work during the bidding process
- Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion
- Ensure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project and review the quality of the work completed with the Crew Supervisor on a regular basis
- Set up and maintain files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Provide direction and assist in obtaining all necessary permitting approvals required within the project’s scope.
- Manage supplier relationships, ensuring that the standard of delivery and production provided to clients continually meets and exceeds expectations.
- Customer satisfaction – constantly managing customer expectations in line with their budget and timeframe. Ensuring that the standard of service provided to clients continually meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labor costing
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Business or Construction Management or combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in the telecommunications/utilities industry
- 5+ years’ experience in management with a demonstrated ability to lead highly effective teams
- Knowledge of telecommunication and utility installation practices and processes
- Proven experience in understanding contractual terms and conditions
- Experience in project management, from conception to completion including customer invoicing
- Flexible in working between both office and field environments, with the ability to travel on short notice depending on project needs
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Practical experience in managing contracts and projects
- Strong team player/leader with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation a must
What We Offer
- $125,000.00-$150,000.00 – Salary based on experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan for you and your family
- Group RSP Matching Plan
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.