This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s most successful and fastest growing Telecommunications and Utility construction companies!
As a valued crew member, you will be responsible for the onsite, day-to-day duties required to support the crew and complete our work in a safe and timely manner.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the work site.
- Execute traffic control plans by placing, removing, covering and uncovering traffic control signs, cones, barricades and other traffic control devices. Direct traffic when necessary.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
- Using a rake or shovel, spread gravel, dirt, seed and other construction materials over surfaces, leveling, building or decreasing slopes
- Ensure work site is organized and free of clutter, rubble and garbage.
- Other general labour duties as required.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Must hold a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must have CSA approved steel toe boots (remaining PPE with be provided)
- General labour experience would be asset
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends
- Must be comfortable working around energized utilities
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Ability to work in confined spaces, climb ladders and elevated platforms
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and must provide proof of vaccination upon hire (medical exemptions may occur on a case-by-case basis
$20.00 to $24.00 per hour