The Hydrovac Operator will be responsible for the successful completion of hydrovac excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching and digging and excavation of sensitive underground piping and cables. They will also provide job site labour in order to accomplish project milestones in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate Hydrovac trucks and equipment in a safe and professional manner including manipulating and placing vac boom and add extension pieces, manipulating high pressure water hose, emptying and scraping out debris tank as needed, climbing up and down on truck to make necessary adjustments or repairs
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for Hydrovac operation
- Excavate, backfill and compact earth
- Deliver and recover a variety of equipment, tools, materials and supplies to and from various ROHL jobsites
- Perform daily vehicle inspections to ensure all Hydrovac truck equipment and components are always in good working condition, and record inspection findings in accordance with Provincial and Federal Regulations
- Complete weekly timesheets in accordance with ROHL Policies, Provincial and/or Federal Regulations, and ensure compliance with all DOT rules and regulations
- Operate vehicles in a safe manner complying with all Road Safety and Health and Safety rules.
- Maintain and keep vehicles clean inside and out
- Maintain and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and specialized safety equipment
- Perform other duties as required
- Must possess valid Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement
- 3+ years’ hydrovac experience would be an asset
- Must be in good physical condition, heavy lifting required (75+ lbs) and able to work in a variety of outdoor conditions
- Ability to think and react to changing conditions quickly and maintain a professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be comfortable working around energized utilities
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and specialized respiratory equipment while on designated construction sites
May be required to work evenings, weekends and overtime. Occasional out of town travel required.
$24.00 to $28.00 per hour
Comprehensive Benefits Package