This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s most successful and fastest growing Telecommunications and Utility construction companies! We own and operate our own equipment ranging from light duty trucks to our own custom designed heavy equipment. We have a full mechanic shop and are MPI accredited Inspection facility.
We are looking for an exceptional Level 3 or 4 Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprentice to join our team as we embark on the next phase of our growth.
Under the supervision of the Shop Supervisor and Journey Person, the apprentice will assist in keeping our equipment available for use by inspecting, testing, repairing, altering and/or customizing as required
As an apprentice your duties will include:
- Diagnosing and repairing the following: diesel and/or other internal combustion engines, transmissions and/or hydraulic equipment, all related electrical and auxiliary equipment
- Developing a working knowledge of the technical and administrative procedures necessary to perform the duties of a Journeyperson heavy duty equipment technician
- Maintain vehicle and equipment functional condition by listening to operator complaints, conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and systems malfunction, replacing parts and components, repairing body damage
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and vehicles, such as performing oil changes, flushing, and replacing fluids, and replacing brakes
- Perform test drives, inspections and other diagnostic tests on vehicles and equipment to identify where problems exist and determine which parts need to be repaired or replaced.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance follow manufacturer specifications and safety regulations
- General shop welding
- Complete work orders upon completion of each job
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience includes:
- 3rd or 4th Level Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprentice, Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Red Seal Certification, other education, or certificates relating to the trade
- 3+ years’ experience and proven ability to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment
- Possess your own hand tools and other equipment
- Possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s license minimum Class 5 (Air Endorsement preferred and a clear driving record
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision
$22.00 to $25.00 per hour
Comprehensive Benefits Package