This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s most successful and fastest growing Telecommunications and Utility construction companies! ROHL Enterprises Ltd has been around since 1967 and is a long-standing telecommunications and utility construction dedicated to connecting Canadians in rural, urban, and remote communities. We are seeking a highly motivated, reliable Crew Supervisor, with a strong work ethic to join our Headingley, Manitoba Operations!
The Crew Supervisor directly reports to the Construction Manager, and is responsible for overseeing and coordinating our daily underground utility and fiber optic construction/installation activities, with an emphasis on FTTH projects. Primarily, the Crew Supervisor is responsible for supervising the safety, quality and productivity of ROHL projects.
- Assist in building underground aspects of the FTTH network according to plans and specifications.
- Organize and coordinate the daily activities of all crew members, sub-contractors and equipment
- Schedule equipment and manpower needs with Construction Manager/Director of Operations
- Document all pertinent project information, including site conditions, employee issues, and changes in scope of work
- Monitor and track work of subcontractors to maintain accountability and accuracy as well as making sure that specifications and ROHL standards are being met
- Generate reports and provide feedback based on project information and knowledge of industry standards and experience
- Liaise with customer, providing excellent customer service
- Manage construction timelines and maintain schedule
- Review grade sheets for accuracy
- Review and approve crew timecards
- Behave in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves, their co-workers and others on the work sites.
- Ensures standards for safe working conditions are observed and that safety policies, procedures and practices are followed by all crew
- Comply with established company policies and procedures and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Conduct tool/equipment safety training with their crew
- Conduct job site safety audits at the direction of safety personnel
- Perform other field or office duties as required
- Minimum 3 years’ proven leadership or supervisory experience in construction
- Must have construction experience in FTTH, underground utility experience is preferred.
- Able to read and understand “as-built documents”
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports.
- Ability to effectively lead, mentor and motivate crew while demonstrating team values and work ethic
- Thorough understanding of construction procedures and safety practices.
- Extensive knowledge of proper equipment utilization, operation and maintenance.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated dedication and reliability.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Must be able to work as a member of a greater team.
- Valid First Aid Certificate – Level II
- Must have Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean current drivers abstract.
What We Offer
- $28.00 – $35.00 per hour – Wage based on experience for this role
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan for you and your family
- Group RSP Matching Plan
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.