This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s most successful and fastest growing Telecommunication & Utility Construction Company. This position is an integral part of our team as we embark on the next phase of our growth.
The Crew Supervisor directly reports to the GM, Canadian Operations, and is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the daily activities that take place on the worksite. Primarily, the Crew Supervisor is responsible for supervising the safety, quality, and productivity of ROHL projects.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be expected to:
- Review scope of work and execute key functions, while also performing hands on tasks
- Organize and coordinate the daily activities of all crew members, sub-contractors and equipment
- Ability to effectively lead, mentor and motivate crew while demonstrating team values and work ethic
- Schedule equipment and manpower needs with Project Manager/GM
- Document all pertinent project information, including site conditions, employee issues, and changes in scope of work
- Review and approve crew timecards
- Behave in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves, their co-workers and others on the work sites.
- Ensures standards for safe working conditions are observed and that safety policies, procedures and practices are followed by all crew
- Comply with established company policies and procedures and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Conduct tool/equipment safety training with their crew
- Conduct job site safety audits at the direction of safety personnel
- Perform other field or office duties as required
This position requires an organized and self-motivated individual who can lead and motivate their team to complete assigned projects on time and on budget. The successful candidate should have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supervisory position
- Underground utility experience is preferred
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports
- Thorough understanding of construction procedures and safety practices
- A strong technical computer capability using mobile devices is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of proper equipment utilization, operation and maintenance
- Facilitation and mentoring skills; can move the team forward and resolve conflict situations as they arise
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated dedication and reliability
- Must hold valid Class 5 driver’s license with clear driving abstract
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical exemptions may occur on a case-by-case basis)
Salary based on experience and qualifications
We offer Company Comprehensive Benefits Package and Group RSP Plan