Health & Safety Coordinator
This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s most successful and fastest growing Telecommunications and Utility construction companies! ROHL Enterprises Ltd has been around since 1967 and is dedicated to connecting Canadians in rural, urban, and remote communities. ROHL is proud to have served over 50 First Nations communities and deployed hundreds of kilometers of fiber optic cable during these builds to connect their communities to their hospitals, schools, and each other. Our customers are an integral part of our family and we’re seeking a highly motivated, reliable individual with a strong work ethic to join our family!
We Offer Our Family:
- Competitive Wages – commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including dental, vision and extended health for you and your family
- Group RSP Matching Plan
- Training and professional development opportunities
Under the direction of the Manager, Canadian Safety Operations, the Health & Safety Coordinator ensures that ROHL’s Health and Safety Program is continuously improving, focusing on the prevention of occupational injuries and illnesses, as well as the protection of assets at the highest possible standard in accordance with ROHL’s protocols, organizational directives and policies, and legislative requirements.
As the subject matter expert, the Health & Safety Coordinator will provide information, advice, guidance, training, and support on safety-related matters as well as handle the review and oversight of ROHL activities as they pertain to safety practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development, updating and implementation of company health and safety policies, procedures, and programs to ensure compliance with all applicable provincial and federal safety regulations legislation and industry standards
- Acts as the first point-of-contact for health, safety and environmental inquiries and incidents
- Support Site Supervision with implementation and management of ROHL’s Safety Program
- Coordinates health, safety and environmental activities including, but not limited to, attending OSH committee meetings, undertaking incident investigation and resolution, developing emergency response plans and procedures, completing and delivering training
- Assist in the planning and startup of new projects with respect to site-specific safe work practices and procedures
- Maintain awareness of amendments/changes to applicable Workplace Health and Safety Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation
- Participates in field inspections, job observations, health, safety and environmental audits and other types of reviews for the purposes of monitoring compliance to HSE regulations and identifying risks. Provides findings about risks and suggestions for improvements
- Regularly monitor safety compliance of workers and sub-contractors
- Working knowledge of SiteDocs, ComplyWorks, and other platforms an asset
- Assist in the administration, documentation, and management of ROHL’s COR Program
- Responsible for maintaining worker certifications, insurance certificates and subcontractor management program
- Maintain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Inventory
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Must have 2 years of construction site safety.
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience with Provincial and Federal EHS standards, regulations, and legislation.
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) Certification required.
- Post-Secondary Degree or diploma or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety an asset
- COR Auditor designation considered an asset.
A combination of safety training and experience may be considered.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on several projects, with multiple duties and tasks within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and be proactive
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract, and use of reliable vehicle
- Occasional travel may be required
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for a Job
To apply for a position at ROHL, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and why you’re interested in joining our team. We carefully review each application and look for candidates who share our values and commitment to excellence.